Leading Green Certification Consultancy has embarked on the process of acquiring the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system in order to streamline their business support processes that will promote the organizational collaboration and undoubtedly increase efficiency, which is the ultimate strategic goal. Green Certification Consultancy recommended the ERP implementation to maintain their working standards and process correctly without a miss. Below are the expected benefits from implementing ERP system.
- Effective and Nearer Budgeting
- Eliminate improper invoicing
- Enhance data integrity
- Improve marketing follow-ups
- Increase data security
- Enforce regulation among employees
Green Certification Consultancy is a Global Consulting Firm in the business of Planning, Designing, Development and Maintenance of Energy Efficient, Sustainable and High Performance Built Environments and Organizations. The company in a short span has earned unmatched reputation in India, South East Asia and Middle East through wide spectrum of projects across Residential, Commercial, Industrial, Retail, Healthcare, Hospitality, Infrastructure and other Verticals.
Following the initial discussion, the following details were needed and reported by Green Certification Consultancy.
There is a need to maintain a strong relationship with the clients. The process from mass mailing and maintaining the communications happened with the leads to the approval of project each and every activity need to be scheduled and need to be followed accurately without a miss. A complete customer relationship platform is required to complete the all actions noted.
Green Certification Consultancy needs a reporting platform where all the recorded data can be filtered, grouped and also compared. The reporting option should also support in downloading as excel file. Milestone wise reminders and payment collection alerts should be given for better navigation in the projects.
The Organization needs a Modern Enterprise Resource Planning system that will have the facilities to record the data collected and remind them further to continue their project towards a victorious completion
Banibro plans to implement the Odoo ERP solution with all the requirements described.
Employees of Green Certification Consultancy will use the ERP system. However, below are the business functions that are in scope and directly affected by the change.
- Mobility – access ERP data and tools anywhere, anytime via internet
- Activity Scheduler
- Documents Attachment
- Export / Import data via document
- Built in reporting option
- Printing option in all form view
This is a BRD with the recorded points explained by Green Certification Consultancy. Exclusions if any will be notified in the final BRD.
Customer Relationship Management
- Easily Import Prospects.
- If Enquiry is “received”, It will come from website, referrals, contacts.
- The inquiries will be assigned to the consulting team based on the region and location.
- Initially, the service presentations, product brochures and case studies based on their requirements will be given to the customers.
- Based on the client’s requirements a proposal/offer will be shared.
- A follow-up meeting on offer discussion with Green Certification Consultancy CT head will be arranged with the client.
- If an inquiry is generated by CT team engineer making calls for 10-15 individuals in a week.
- The calls can include existing customers, known stakeholders or any personnel or company related to our business.
- After a potential customer or a stakeholder is found, the service presentations, product brochures and case studies based on their requirements will be given.
- Based on the client requirement, A proposal, the offer will be shared.
- A follow up meeting an offer discussion with Green Certification Consultancy CT head will be arranged with client.
- To achieve the order – Coach, Influencer, Decision maker (CID) for each enquiry should be identified. Meetings, follow-ups should be done on a regular basis with the identified CID.
- The client, stakeholder, vendor contact detail will be recorded for future references to generate leads.
- Database should contain Coach, influencer, decision maker references.
- Mouth of funnel structure to track all the above activities and their progress.
- Rolling plan sheet is used to track budget, forecast us achieved on offer, order, invoice and cashflow for the whole financial year on a biweekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Organize sequence of activities per opportunity.
- Activity Reminders and Alerts.
- Follow-ups and Comments noting facility for better accessibility.
- Mass mailing platform to capture help demanded leads at the right time.
- OTF will be created to record the project information, milestones, agreed payment terms.
- Some projects might want to start the work before release of the work order. The Pre-OTF must be prepared to start the project work.
- A form of client confirmation through verbal, by mail or a letter of Intent (LOI) should be received, CT should confirm through email with client on price & payment terms before initiating the pre-OTF process.
- On receipt of client confirmation through email/LOI, CT shall generate pre-OTF with all the project details and send the same to COMMERCIAL & FINANCE (C&F) team with all supporting docs. In pre-OTF, CT should write down the contact details of all project team members, purchase manager, accounts manager, etc.
- With in 10 days from the date of pre-OTF, CT should ensure that the OTF is created.
- On receipt of order, CT to create OTF and send all docs (Offers, Order, MOMs, Emails, etc.) to C&F team. In OTF, CT should write down the contact details of all project team members, purchase manager, accounts manager, etc.
- Pre OTF or OTF should be approved in the order of CT partner, C&F head, and MD. If there are discrepancy in details and the Pre OTF/ OTF goes unapproved, the CT should revise the OTF and resubmit it for approval.
- C&F gets the internal approval done and sends the LETTER OF CONFIRMATION signed by MD/ C&F Head to client with cc to CT. In case of pre-OTF, this shall be done only after OTF is created and approved.
- CT Partner should decide on CT Single Point of Contact (SPOC) and send a mail to client and all project team members informing of the CT SPOC for the project.
- C&F to send request to IT to open folder in Project Management Professional (PMP) in Google drive. C&F to send the details on Customer Name, Project Name & OTF No. to IT. IT to open the folder with these details & inform the TST Partner, TST leaders, CT SPOC & CT Partner. The naming should be Customer Name Project name OTF No.
- CT SPOC to initiate a project introduction meeting/internal kickoff meeting with required TECHNICAL SERVICES TEAM (TST) based on the project.
- “Technical Services Team (TST) team consists of,
- Existing Building (EB) – Commissioning and Audit team (C&A)
- New Building (NB) – Green Certification Facilitation (GCF) & Design Performance Modelling (DPM) team. “
- “TST team takes care of following project categories,
- USGBC’s LEED v4 & v4.1 – O&M, BD+C, ID+C, etc.
- IGBC New buildings, Green Homes, Green Factory, EBOM etc.
- GRIHA, and WELL.”
- TST team head to identify the responsible persons for various sub activities/ credits from TST and organize the Meeting with CT. This meeting should be attended by CT & TST Partners, CT SPOC, Project Engineers (PE), TST Process Owner and concerned team member.
- Assigned GCF team member to create the PROJECT DIARY (PD) in PMP. The PD consists of OTF/ pre-OTF as the first page.
- Based on client/project requirements and timeline for project delivery CERTIFICATE MILESTONES SCHEDULER (CMS) should be formulated with key closure dates for all deliverables with timeline. Each milestone activity to have a separate MILESTONE COMPLETION CHECKLIST (MCC) which lists the details of inputs to be given to close that milestone activity.
- Based on the rating system (refer 22) TST to create a DETAILED CREDIT CHECKLIST (DCC) for all credits pertaining to the specific rating system. This detailed credit checklist will indicate various documents to be submitted to the council for closure of each credit.
- CT SPOC & the CT Partner to have a external kick-off meeting with client and all project team members to collect and understand the project/ its drawings/ design intents/ etc.
- CT shall explain the tentative checklist with special emphasis on mandatory pre-requisites and difficult to do things. And explain the Certification Milestone scheduler prepared for deliverables and key closure dates. This can be synchronized with client project schedule. Based on the discussions with customer and project team, if any changes required, CT shall update the CMS and DCC (This shall be communicated to the TST process owner & TST RRPs internally after the kick-off meeting)
- In the meeting with the help of client coordinator, CT and PE shall identify the external RRPs for different disciplines like Architecture, HVAC, Electrical, BMS, PHE, Landscape, Contractor, etc. The same shall be documented in the kick-off meeting Minutes Of Meeting (MoM) so that future communication shall be directed to them directly for effective communication.
- Based on the credit checklist CT to collect required documents and share them with TST for their initial observation and comments. TST to complete the milestones based on the schedule from CMS.
- In MCC sheet, against each document requirement, CT will upload and mark the location of required file. TST to check and comment (Received, Changes required, Not Received) the compliance of the received document. Based on the comments, CT should be clear about the amount of work needed on each document.
- Once all the required documents for a credit is received, reviewed and in compliance with the rating system, credit should be marked as Achievable in the credit status column. Credits in need of more work and documents should be marked as Unresolved and Not targeted or difficult to achieve credits are marked as Unachievable. If all the required work credit compliance is done, then the credit will be moved to completed status (Credit Closure). Main aim of TST team members should be move the credits upstream (Unachievable to unresolved to Achievable and to Completed).
- The First PROJECT UPDATE REPORT (PUR) should be sent within 2 months from the date of OTF/Pre-OTF or within 15 days from the date of kick-off/Structured meeting, whichever is CT will prepare the PUR from the updated Project Diary and send it to all external RRPs every 1 month/agreed interval as per the PUR Calendar as it is in the design stage. As part of the PUR discussion process with client, update the CMS/ DCC, if any change is there from the earlier status.
- The complete project management shall be controlled through the PUR. The next Submission Date shall always be the part of PUR and continually monitored and informed to all internal team through the PD.
- TST should try and close each module one by one with an eye on the submission target date committed to client. Once all credits are closed, the TST team drives the Submission Process to Council in consultation with CT. CT should Follow up/ handhold/ have working session with RRPs to help them that the action requests to close the credits on time.
- CT should keep a track of payment milestones. On achievement of a milestone, complete a milestone achievement request (MAR) email to client. Get MAR acceptance from client by sending them Work Closure Certificate (WCC). Inform C&F to raise invoice with trailing mails on MAR. Follow the payment collection process for Closure.
- Each project will develop from various submission stages like precertification, design, construction. If the rating authority feels, the submitted documents are not sufficient for showing compliance, TST will have to do a review reply on required credits. The required documentation for each submission for each credit might vary based on rating type and rating stage.
- Completion of the project will be award of certificate from the rating authority.
- Coordination sheet should be available to plan and work various milestones and credits in different projects for upcoming biweekly between CT and TST.
- ROLLING PLAN sheet is used to track reports (guidance report, Interim report, submission reports), Work closure (WCC), Submission, quality and best in class certification.
Human Resource Management
- Once an employee joins Green Certification Consultancy, his/her academic, work, industry certification related documents are recorded, in addition to that, his/her salary offer, PF, ESIC, emergency contacts details are collected for future references.
- New employees are briefed about office practices, timings and other rules through HR policies.
- In onboarding of new employees, Green Certification Consultancy team leaders will provide induction programs to the new joiners about their team’s services.
- Employee attendance based on Google calendar events and biometric data.
- Leave request from the employees are sent to their respective heads and along with the intimation to HR. Based on the approval HR will mark the leave in their attendance record.
- Outstation travels and company related works are reimbursed through claim forms and appropriate approvals.
- As a part of continuous training, HR team organizes weekly training on Fridays. All the employees should attend these training, training videos and presentations are stored for future references.
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) should come up against each employee based on their team and work. If a CT – Offer sent, Order received, Invoicing, Submission should be considered. For a TST team person – quality of work, efficiency, submission quality should be considered.
- Based on the tracking of report, submission (rolling plan), quality and feedback individual performance incentives are calculated.
- Yearly appraisal process should consider employee’s performance, attendance, individual initiatives once in a year.
- HR documents, interim notices, intimations should be displayed and readily kept for employee references.
- The invoicing should be linked to OTF, once the Work completion certificate (WCC) is accepted, notification to accounts team to raise the invoicing.
- Raised invoice should be tracked (invoice tracking) for payment and reminders/notification for due dates.
- Region wise/ head wise expenses should be calculated based on employee payroll and other project related expenses.
- Based on the above data, Income vs expenses reporting – Month wise reports for region wise/ head wise.
- Accounts payable information and age wise reports with prepayment schedule for automatic entry for the expenses on every month.
- Purchase of required equipment/goods based on budget allocated to each team.
- Budget vs actual analysis – Required for month on month, year on year, month to date and year to date.
- Taxation of all received & paid bills with integration with government’s GST portal. And entry of GST related expenses.
- Availability of P&L, Balance sheet, cash flow, fund flow connected with auditor & finalization of accounts for income tax.
- Bank reconciliation, AP recon, AR recon, TDS receivable, TDS payable, provisions for region wise should be available.
- Book closing facility, to get approval from concerned person to pass the entries related to past month. Book should be open for the month only.
- Exchange rate update facility for export invoice preparation.
- Check printing facility, Fixed Assert Register (FAR) – Automatic for company and Information Technology (IT) records.